Fluorinated Coatings and Finishes Handbook
Author: Laurence W. McKeen
Category: New Books
Audience: Design engineers, formulators, coaters, fluoropolymer producers, materials scientists, polymer chemists, chemical engineers, and plastics engineers in industry, sales marketing, business and technical representatives in the fluoropolymer/fluorocoatings industries (aerospace, automotive, chemical, chemical process, consumer goods).
8.5 x 11, Hardcover
The Handbook of Fluorinated Coatings and Finishes: The Definitive User’s Guide is both a reference and a tutorial for understanding fluoropolymer coatings. It discusses the basics of fluorocoating formulations, including ingredients and production processes. Also covered are the coating and curing processes, and defects and trouble-shooting solutions when things do not work as expected, testing performance, and sample commercial applications. It addresses important questions frequently posed by end-user design engineers, coaters, and coatings suppliers in their quest for superior product qualities and shorter product and process development time.
List price: 250.00 US$
Please ask for recent prices in Euro and shipping costs.
- Step by step tutorial in the theory and practice of fluorinated coatings including all the components.
- Discusses the structure and properties of binders, and how to get a non-stick coating to stick to the substrate.
- Includes liquid and powder fluorocoatings, their applications methods, curing and baking processes and their commercial end-uses.
- Testing methods related to fluorocoatings are discussed in detail.
- Discusses common coating defects, how they form and how to eliminate them.
- Discusses health and safety aspects of fluorocoatings.