ECTFE is a fluorinecopolymer, which consists of ethylene and chlorotrifluoroethylene (CTFE). This partially fluorinated, semi-crystalline fluorinecopolymer offers a unique combination between mechanical properties, chemical and thermal resistance (inflammation temperature at 655°C) and a facile processability. Due to his diversity its production in almost every form is possible. Because of the facile processability and the good electrical properties ECTFE is the ideal answer for cable isolations. Compared with common PCTFE, ECTFE offers advantages in inflammation, surface structure, hardness and adhesion.
- envelope material or coating material
- envelope for special cables
- corrosion protection in chemical, pharmaceutical and microelectronic industry
- noncombustible, corrosion protective envelope material in clean rooms
- envelope material in pure water systems